Bible Trivia is truly amazing! Tidbits about the Word of God are also a priceless weapon in every Christian’s armoury. Like it or not, people are more likely to agree with you when your argument is substantiated by facts and figures, even when it comes to God and His Word! For instance, did you know that:
- The Bible is a collection of 66 books – 39 in the Old Testament and 27 in the New Testament.
- It was written over a period of 1000 years by at least 40 different authors from Asia, Africa and Europe. They wrote under the direct inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
- The Old Testament was written in Hebrew and Aramaic, while the New Testament was written in Greek.
- The Bible was written, among others, by fishermen, kings, prophets, poets and musicians; it includes poetry, legal documents, songs, letters, eyewitness accounts, people stories, historical documents and advice literature. (The UK Bible Society website)
- The Bible contains a total of 31,071 verses, 23,114 in the Old Testament and 7,957 in the New Testament.
- Another amazing Bibe fact: There are 1872 prophecies in the Bible, including at least 332 about the coming and second coming of Jesus Christ (quite likely in the near future). Overall, about 25% of the Bible is prophecy!
- Also called “The Book”, the Bible has been translated into 4027 languages and still counting! No other book in the world has been translated into so many languages.
- The Bible is the World’s # 1 Bestseller. All Top 10 charts begin with # 2, as the Bible occupies the # 1 spot every year!
- There are over 400 million Bibles in circulation today. If you put them in a line, that line would have to be 22,000 miles (35,000 km) long! A total of 2.5 billion Bibles have been printed between 1816 and 1975 (The UK Bible Society website)
- “When John Gutenberg made the printing machine in Europe, the first book to roll out of this printing press was the Latin Bible. The first English New Testament was printed in 1525 A.D.” (Bible Society of India website)
Visit Christianbook.com for great deals if you want to purchase a Bible.
In forthcoming posts, we’ll look into other fascinating aspects of the Bible, that I’ve learnt at church services and from other sources. So keep visiting and commenting! God bless you “according to His riches in glory…” (Philippians 4:19)