No. Christianity is not a religion. Then what is it? It is all of this:
- Christianity is freedom from religion.
- Christianity is the state of restored fellowship between God and Man. The fellowship was broken in the Garden of Eden by Adam and Eve sinning, but was restored by Jesus Christ when he died on the Cross 2,000 years ago to bear the penalty of our sins and to pay the price for our forgiveness.
- Christianity is something other than a lifestyle, because even the hippie style is a lifestyle, but God does not approve of it.
- To be Christian means to be a Christ-ian. So those who follow this faith or path should try to obey the commandments given by Jesus Christ. He said that “Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.” (John 14:21, ESV) So if you follow or want to follow Christianity, then the benchmarks have already been set by Jesus’ words. It is not easy, but he makes materialization of victory possible, no matter how difficult your situation – if you choose to elicit his help and obey him.
- Christianity is experiential. You cannot look at it from the outside and make conclusions. Once you repent of your sins, believe in Jesus’ incarnation, death and resurrection for you, and accept him as your exclusive Saviour and Lord, life becomes different. Then you won’t need to read this blog post again. You will be equipped to write it with your life.
If you have already made Jesus the centre of your life, then keep reading this blog and explore the earlier 100+ posts. If you have not yet made Jesus the centre of your life, first read this post and then read this post.